After-School Activities are a great way to ignite young minds with new learnings & experiences. These multifaceted activities help to promote holistic growth, self-confidence, positive behaviour, emotional stability, communication skills and academic performance.
- Holistic Wellbeing - After-school activities significantly contribute in overall development of a child. They strengthens the physical, mental, social, personal and intellectual health. With holistic care approach, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas empower children to help them maximize their learning potential.
- Enhances Brain Functioning - Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, has curated numerous clubs and after school activities to help students enhance the cognitive power & metacognitive skills. They help children to develop problem resolving skills and self-awareness.
- Improves Emotional Stability & Social Skills - After-school activities creates an interactive learning environment which helps to build socio-emotional competency. It instils a sense of inclusion and offers a healthy social support system. The organic learning in after school activities channelizes the emotions and mental power in a positive manner. Children get to build positive integration of thoughts, new friendships and relations which eventually helps them to hone better social skills.
- Self-Regulation & Behaviour Management - Self-Regulation & Behaviour management are two important components of a healthy persona. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, encourage children to develop interpersonal skills and good character traits. Being in an enriching social landscape, a child learns to maintain his/her composure and gets to demonstrate self-regulation skills and positive behaviour.
- Enhances Physical Well-Being - ‘To Develop a Healthier Generation’ is one of the goals for which Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas has been encouraging students to indulge in various physical activities. Football, basketball, swimming and other sports help in promoting physical wellbeing of children. Well-structured programs at Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas propagates healthy lifestyle and wholesome living.
- Boosts Academic Performance - After school activities helps in boosting academic performance of a child. They build higher level of focus and retaining power.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas
conducts various after- school activities to impart learning beyond the walls of a classroom. It helps to increase social, physical and academic proficiency. Explore innovative programs designed specifically to encourage youth to excel in academics, become ideal citizens and lead healthy, productive lives.
Enrol your little ones in Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas to reap the benefits of after-school activities.
You can visit Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas administration office located at 703 N 8th St. Killeen, TX – 76541 USA. To know more about clubs, fill the contact form available on the website.
After-school club activities are important for the overall development of students. They offer opportunities for socializing, taking risks, making decisions, applying logic, exercising team work and more. There are various types of after-school activities that students can engage in depending on their liking and area of interest. Most of these activities even aid in improving their academic performance in addition to polishing up other aspects of their personalities.
Following is a list of various types of after-school activities that students can engage in:
- Career Centric Activities: Students are encouraged to explore their skills and interests and develop them via interactive and voluntary activities. The programs consist of job shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities.
- College Readiness Clubs: Youngsters are prepared for high school graduation, post secondary education and for careers. They are taught to make short and long-term goals and are also taken for college tours.
- STEM Activities: Stress is laid upon understanding the theory and connections of scientific themes. The activities comprise of Engineering Design, Science of Sports, Food Chemistry, Energy and Electricity.
- Photography: Various forms of photography are taught to students e.g. digital, alternative process, black and white and color photography. Local and regional photography contests are held for categories like fashion and style, filters, editing and more.
- Financial Literacy: These activities aim to help students learn how to create budgets, financial management, saving, investing and more. The skills learnt in such clubs help youngsters make sound financial decisions as adults.
- Fine Arts: The focus is on recognizing and developing skills such as painting, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, sculpturing, collage making and so on. Usually select works of participants are displayed at the National Fine Arts Exhibit and other national events.
- Study Assistance: Students have access to homework assistance, learning activities, tutoring and more. They are encouraged to become self-directed learners over time and propelled to complete their assignments on time.
- Brain Games Clubs: These clubs consist of modules whereby students are encouraged to brush up their Math and reading skills with the help of creative expression, projects, discovery, group work and more. A project-based learning approach with theme-based fun activities is used to develop higher-order thinking skills.
- Social Service Clubs: These clubs help the youth discover their innate gifts and use the same for the welfare of the society and for personal development. Stress is laid upon interpersonal skills, community responsibility and work ethics through service and volunteer projects.
- Other Clubs/Activities: Character development clubs, teen clubs, league sports and fitness programs, discussion clubs, personality development clubs, skills mastery and resilience training, self esteem enhancement programs, leadership programs and more.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas
organize an array of after-school activities for kids in Killeen, TX. To know more about types of after-school activities, visit 703 N. 8th Street, Killeen, TX - 76541. You can also call at (254) 699 – 5808.