Participating in sports activities is highly beneficial as it helps in developing emotional and social skills of a player as well as assists in fostering positive feelings and responses.
Playing sports trains the mind to look at everything optimistically as there is a goal/vision, and then there is the attitude to achieve it. Players are trained to be positive and to believe in themselves till last minute of the game.
Let’s take a look at some ways in which sports initiate a positive attitude in players:
- Teamwork For A Positive Result: Team work is must to win any game. Playing sports teaches how to strive for a goal with positive attitude as a team. For success, positivity is crucial and that is what sports imbibes in the players. Each player strives to do his best for improving the team’s performance. This requires good communication skills, organizational skills, problem-solving capabilities and many other such positive traits.
- Encouraging Fair Play: Fair play is a key requirement for any sports. Unfair acts are discouraged and punished whereas fair and rightful behavior is appreciated. Players develop these positive traits and implement them even in their day-to-day lives.
- Positive Influence: In every sports team, there’s someone who plays the role of a leader. This could be the coach or a veteran player. These individuals are polished and thoroughly disciplined in what they do. Their influence on other players can be immensely positive and motivating.
- Teaches How To Cope With Unpleasant Situations: Encouraging sports right from childhood can be a powerful platform for major life lessons in a safe and structured environment. Players experience emotional highs and lows in a controlled environment and learn how to deal with these emotions in the best way possible. They grow into balanced and emotionally strong individuals. Also, they learn how to take both success and failure in their stride.
- Good Company: Playing sports makes you interact with like-minded individuals who share the same passion. These interactions can develop into stronger bonds and even convert into lifelong friendships that are based on a positive foundation.
- Develop Empathy For Others: Empathy and a positive attitude go hand in hand. Sports helps players learn how to be sensitive to the feelings of their fellow players. They learn how to support, motivate and care for each other.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, offer a wide range of programs for kids from 6 to 18 years of age. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 –5808 or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.
Technology is interwoven in almost everything in the modern world and art is no exception. Digitalizing art has opened new doors to explore and master the field of art in schools. Children are encouraged to use their imagination, experiment and invent unique ways of achieving the desired outcome.
Incorporating digital arts in the school curriculum has a number of benefits, some of which have been mentioned below:
- Improves Attention: Technology has shown to keep children engrossed and attentive for longer periods than conventional teaching methods. Digitalization of art reduces distractions in kids while working, which leads to better results.
- Increases Effectiveness And Efficiency: Technology is favorite amongst kids so naturally they are willing to learn with it. Kids look forward to learning it & are more efficient and effective at what they do. Unlike conventional arts, digital arts has shown to boost the work quality that kids deliver.
- Sustains Interest For Longer Periods: It is something that can keep a child involved for a long duration of time without any forced compliance. That’s the reason why digital arts is being incorporated in more and more classrooms every year. Kids perceive digital art lessons as a fun activity and are willing to sit for longer durations happily and actively.
- Individualized Attention: Every child has a different level of understanding and performance. Digital art is greatly advantageous for students who require more individualized attention. Each child works at his/her own pace without the pressure of keeping up with the rest.
- Collaborative Education: Digital art has made it easier for teachers and students to work together in order to achieve results. The teacher becomes a medium of instruction and help for a kid. Kids are instilled with confidence to ask questions and develop a friendly rapport with their teachers.
- Develop Life Skills: A number of critical skills are developed when technology and art merge. The horizon of the students expands beyond the classroom, they learn to perceive things from different perspectives and even interact with other kids on a global platform. This type of exposure improves their critical thinking skills, communication skills, team-work capabilities and problem solving tactics.
- Paperless Medium: One of the biggest benefits of digital art is the good it does to environment. Digital art requires no paper. So indirectly, the kids and teachers are contributing to reduce their carbon footprint and save paper.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
, offer a wide range of programs for kids from 6 to 18 years of age. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 –5808 or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.