The incorporation of drama education in schools has the potential of bringing up profound changes in the academic performance of a student in addition to building vital individual skills. Drama education benefits students on a physical, emotional and social level.
Let’s take a look at some major benefits of drama education:
- Increases Self-Confidence: Drama education makes students comfortable with facing unfamiliar situations and people. Drama expands their horizons and helps them think outside the box. Students become more confident about their ideas and abilities in school, at the workplace later in life and in the society. Participating in dramas is a boon for introvert and reserved children.
- Creativity: Drama education promotes creative thinking in students. They are open to trying out new ideas and looking at things from different angles. Drama boosts their imaginative faculties and expression.
- Working As A Team: Students who are engaged in drama at school learn to look at things from the perspective of others. This instils a sense of cooperation in them. They learn how to hold healthy discussions with others and how to gracefully accept feedback from others.
- Improved Communication Skills: Verbal and non-verbal communication are an essential part of drama education. Students in this field have to work on their vocal projection, expressions, articulation and tone. This tremendously improves their communication, listening and observation skills.
- Reduces Stress: Drama is a wonderful stress buster for students. It creates a playful and energized atmosphere. Drama students are usually a humorous and motivated lot. They get a chance to release all their aggression and tension filled emotions in a safe and structured way. It helps them come to terms with their own emotions in a more mature way.
- Sharper Memory: Remembering the lines and movements in drama workout the brain and improves memory.
- Empathy: As students play the role of different people in their drama class, they become aware and sensitive towards the feelings of others. Being empathetic makes them better citizens and caring humans.
- Better Health: Drama education not only boosts the mental faculties but also the physical ones. Performers are required to make intensive movements over a long period of time. This improves their flexibility and coordination.
- Adaptability: Drama teaches students to quickly adapt to a given situation and improvise. They foster the habit of thinking quickly and communicating flawlessly with the audience. They learn how to take any unexpected situation in their stride and take hold of a situation.
Thus, the benefits of drama education go far beyond the classroom into the daily lives of students. Drama education not only boosts confidence in students, it also promotes self-discipline, a spirit of overcoming obstacles, communication and language skills and much more.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, offer a wide range of programs for kids from 6 to 18 years of age. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 – 5808 or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.
Most parents in Killeen, TX complain that their kids are glued to TV, mobile
phone or laptop most of the times. If you too are one of them, you must take a
considerate step and consider indulging your son/daughter in some fun as well
as mind-stimulating activities. Listed below are some ideas that can help to
sharpen your kid’s brain and also keep him/her engaged:
- Scrabble – The All Time Favorite Board Game
- Reading – Books, novels and even comics
- Mathematics – It’s all about the numbers
- Sports Activities – Keep them physically active
- New Hobbies – Let them explore their hidden talents
Enroll your kid in the fun filled activities organized by Boys & Girls
Clubs of Central Texas. We are a renowned kids center located at 304 W Ave B,
Killeen, TX – 7654. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 5808 to know more about enrollment criteria at the kids club.