Basketball is ranked as one of the most popular sports in the world. The game is all about shooting a ball through a hoop. It’s an extremely fast and exciting game, which is very popular among kids. It can be played both indoors and outdoors and makes it an all year round game. Children in the age group of four to eight years can work on dribbling, passing and catching. Older ones can practice shooting too. The size of the court, basket height and length of time can be varied according to the age, size and skill of the players.
It’s a very good game for kids as it encourages them to move around and stay active. Basketball involves a lot of running and jumping which helps kids develop speed, strength and cardiovascular health. In addition to this, it burns calories and keeps the body lean. For parents fighting with child obesity, this can be the most appropriate solution. In addition to maintaining a healthy diet, a game like basketball keeps children fit and agile and is fun to play at the same time.
Benefits of basketball for kids:
- Builds endurance
- Improves balance and coordination
- Develops concentration
- Burns calories
- Build muscles
- Encourages socializing
- Instills the concept of team spirit
Nowadays kids area drifting towards sedentary activities like computer games and watching TV. This is highly detrimental to their overall well being as it can lead to obesity and other lifestyle diseases. Games like basketball keep a child active and are entertaining too. What’s more, your kid develops a lot of confidence each time he/she makes it to the basket. Kids even get to interact with each other and learn the art of developing team spirit over and above a competitive attitude. This will be very beneficial for them as they grow into adults.
While kids play basketball, injuries and accidents are a common phenomenon as it’s a fast paced game. Parents need not frown over this as it’s a very small price to pay in exchange of the immense benefits the game has to offer for the overall development of a child. It is important to make sure your child does a little warm up exercises and stretching before hitting the court. After a game, it’s equally important to cool down and stretch again. Last but not the least, your child should keep fluids handy and rehydrate regularly.
We at Boys & Girls Club of Central Texas conduct Co-Ed Basketball registration which begins from December 3 and ends on December 13. To get your kid registered in the same, kindly visit the Woody Hall Unit located at 5100 Trimmier Road in Killeen between 3pm and 7pm from Monday to Friday and between 10am and 3pm on Saturday.
For more details, visit us at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas at 304 W Ave B, TX- 76541 or call Ms. Carol Dunn (Administrative assistant) at 254-699-5808, Ext: 102.
Youth Football Texas - Kids Activities Texas
“Hands on your hips, a smile on your lips, spirit in your heart, we're ready to start!”
Cheerleading was once considered to be a social activity meant only for girls. But now, it is gaining popularity as a competitive sport throughout the world, involving equal participation of girls and boys. In simple terms, cheerleading is a physical activity which involves gymnastics, tumbling, stunts, jumps and cheers.
If you want to make your kid more active and confident, cheerleading is a great option. It will be beneficial for your kid in the following ways:
- Health benefits: The choreographed routine involved in cheerleading improves flexibility, stamina, muscular strength and endurance.
- Confidence building: Performing in front of people builds up confidence and self esteem in your kid.
- Team work: Cheerleading teaches coordination and to perform motions on a certain beat. This helps your kid understand the importance of team work and perform as a team.
- Socialize: It is a great way to make new friends and encourage socialization.
- Enjoyment: Cheerleading, no doubt requires hard work but it involves a lot of fun and excitement.
We at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas offer various sports and recreational activities for your kids. Registration for cheerleading program is held each year in mid of August. This program is basically for kids between the ages 7 and 12. The age group is determined by the kid’s age as on September 1. Our aim is to help your kids grow and learn in a positive and healthy environment.
All the participants in cheerleading programs must either attend or live within the KISD school district. Besides cheerleading, the other sports activities at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Texas include football, track, volley ball, basketball and many more.
To enroll your kid in any of the above mentioned programs or for any other query about our club, feel free to visit us at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, located at 304 W Ave B, TX- 76541 or call Ms. Carol Dunn (Administrative assistant) at 254-699-5808, Ext: 102.
Kids Activities Texas - Youth Football Texas
Every parent wants to ensure that their child is successful and happy in life. For most of the people, success and happiness begin with a good career. Thus, it is very important for individual to start planning for his career at an early stage of his life. The students who start planning for their career by exploring the educational and career opportunities in the middle school are found to be more successful. These students set up their career goals in the high school and realize their dreams in the college and universities. During the school time, children should be allowed to explore their interests, identify their career goals as well as hook up those goals to the training and education that they would require in order to fulfill their dreams.
Steps in career planning
- Self assessment - Identify the interests of your child. Find out what is important to him and what is his aptitude. The career that the child chooses should be linked to his interest, skill, value and talent.
- Research -Once the child has made out some potential career options, make him learn more about each job. For instance, make him know about the average salary, job description, educational qualification and the skills required for the job. Also try to give them a practical experience through part time jobs and volunteer work.
- Plan - Once the child has settled on a career option, there is a need to set goals as well as make planning to bring it about. Going for the right high school classes and building a career plan will be of assistance to the child to choose the appropriate course and college.
- Achieve - Once the child has made his mind about a career option, it is time to work on it. Identify the type of training or education required for his/her desired career. Also, find out the best colleges and universities for the course that is required for that career.
To enroll your child in various career development programs, join Boys and Girls Club of Central Texas. To know more or to register your child, please contact Ms. Carol Dunn at 254-699-5808.
Youth Football Texas - Child Care Texas