Each child has the potential of becoming a great leader provided he/she gets the right guidance at the right time. Leadership is an important life skill that not only helps children deal with their peers effectively but also helps them excel at the workplace as an adult.
Characteristics Of A Good Leader That You Would Want To Incorporate In Your Child
- Team Work - Ability to work along with the team towards achieving common goals.
- Effective Communication Skills- A good communicator knows how to use words to encourage others and the way to criticize constructively.
- Planning - Setting goals and making plans to achieve them.
- Taking Risks – Leaders takes up challenge and confront their fears. They experiment, create and innovate by taking risks.
There are a variety of programs being offered by clubs and institutions that help to instill leadership skills in children. Here are some ways in which leadership programs
can be helpful to kids:
- Building Self-confidence - Leadership programs work towards helping children develop confidence in themselves. They are encouraged to participate in certain tasks and their efforts are duly appreciated. In addition to this, kids are taught to communicate confidently while expressing themselves. Engaging a child in something of their interest also boosts their confidence.
- Encouraging Teamwork - There is so much a child learns while working in a team. Listening to somebody else’s viewpoint, working towards a common objective, the art of taking both criticism and praise gracefully, being proactive in solving problems instead of panicking etc. are skills they can only learn in a team. Leadership programs encourage children to participate in teamwork activities that are based on their interest.
- Decision Making – It is an important attribute of a good leader. Leadership programs create opportunities for kids where they can learn how to take everyday decisions. This in turn makes them confident about their choices.
- Follow Their Dreams - Every child has a dream hidden deep inside their heart. A very important step towards bringing out the leader within your child is to assist them in doing what they love. Such programs help the kids in realizing their strengths and also motivate them to follow their dreams.
- Dealing With Situations – An essential virtue of leaders is their ability to deal with situations. Leadership programs organize various activities and tasks which are specifically designed to make kids learn the tactics of handling particular situations.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
, offer a wide range of Leadership programs for kids
up to 18 years of age. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 – 5808
or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.
Just like any other activity, arts and crafts are also an essential part of learning. It is crucial to motivate children to adopt art as a hobby. By exposing kids to such activities at an early stage of their childhood, parents and schools can make them have a bend towards arts and crafts. This will not only offer them a chance to show their creativity, but also make them sensitive towards artistic creations of others. There are various kids clubs that have included arts and craft in their programs to help children discover their talents. These activities bring out the hidden aptitude and imagination in the children.
The kids clubs usually organize exhibitions to display the artwork of kids and even organize contests to help them compete with other artists. The clubs offer programs that encourage artistic expression through painting, drawing, collage, printmaking, sculpture, and mixed media. The exhibitions are usually organized at local or regional level to give maximum encouragement and exposure to the club members. The winning entries are not only awarded, but their works are also exhibited at the events organized by the clubs. The children, who usually perform well in fine arts, choose it as their mainstream career; thus, kid’s clubs offer a kind of platform to the children so that they can show their creativity.
Some other interesting programs offered by kids club include photography competitions, which help club members learn and practice different forms of photography such as black and white, color, digital, and alternative process photography. The children often participate in contests that recognize their potential at local, regional, and national level. The quality works of the children are often exhibited at the club venues and functions. This motivates the children to take up photography as a hobby and explore it further. The children are encouraged and guided to take part in various online photography contests. Some clubs also offer digital art training and organize festivals to help children display their work. They get to learn filmmaking, editing, and writing screenplays.
Besides the above-mentioned activities, the children’s clubs also focus on developing acting and music skills in the members. They facilitate the learning of writing music, writing lyrics, leaning different instruments, and singing. The kids perform and participate in festivals that recognize their talents in acting and music. They also attend various drama and acting workshops to sharpen their skills. The time spent by a kid in the club is often used productively to enhance the abilities for the child.
Kids are certainly power-packs and they need a positive and full-filled atmosphere to release their energy. They want to utilize every moment of their life doing something or the other. It is a tough time for the parents when the holidays of their kids commence. Children don’t like getting bored and so the parents try to find out various kids activities in Texas.
Watching the television or playing some video games don’t do any good to the children. It only spoils their eyesight and makes them a couch potato. This also contributes to the destructive behavior in the kids and makes them gain weight.
The best way to spend your holiday is to involve yourself in some sort of recreational clubs. Getting your kids on their feet would help them to become independent, confident and active. Children who like adventure can join recreational clubs like Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas that support many adventurous activities. The kids who have an urge to learn something during their holidays can join learning courses or personality development programs at Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas
Parents who do not have time to take their kids due to their busy schedule need not be disheartened as they can make their kid join these clubs. Such clubs offer many programs that are of interest to all the kids. Kids do not feel bored here and instead, learn many new things and explore variety of opportunities. These clubs tend to improve the overall personality of the children and make them an all-rounder. They are a safe place to grow and learn. They instill in the kids, a feeling of usefulness, power, competence, and belonging. So, now you have got various wonderful ideas for kid’s activities in Texas.
Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas is open all year round for boys and girls of the ages 6 to 18 years of age. These clubs aim to organize many recreational activities for the kids that help them to grow and learn.
To be a part of these clubs, Please contact Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas at 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541. Our telephone number is: 254-699-5808.