In addition to being a thrilling game, football teaches some great life lessons that foster physiological and social development of kids. The football field is a treasure trove of life skills like discipline, perseverance, time-management, fitness and teamwork amongst others.
Here are some invaluable life lessons that kids can learn by being a part of the football team:
Lessons learnt on the football field positively impact every aspect of a chi m,kld’s life and also extend into their lives as adults. They grow into happy, confident, energetic and inspired adults who thrive successfully in their families and at the workplace.
- Teamwork: Football field teaches kids how a team functions as every player on the field has an important role for the team as a whole. It teaches them the importance of working in sync with others to achieve a common goal. They learn the importance of trusting one another for the collective interest of the team.
- Setting Goals: Playing football involves setting goals related to catches, sacks, tackles, rushing yardage, passing yardage and more. Each player on the field is entrusted with certain goals to achieve as a member of the team. As adults, these lessons prove to be useful at both the workplace and home. They learn how to set goals and work relentlessly towards achieving them.
- Perseverance: The football field teaches kids to remain focused and not to quit in spite of the challenges they face throughout a game. They learn that the only way out of a roadblock is through it. Such kids often grow into tough adults who look for a solution to every problem.
- Discipline And A Strong Work Ethic: There is no scope for laziness and delay when it comes to a sport like football. Kids no matter what, learn to be on time for the practice sessions and game. This translates into a strong work ethic as they become more disciplined in their personal lives. This virtue can also improve their grades in school.
- Being A Graceful Winner And Loser: A player/team can either win or lose. Football teaches kids how to take both failure and success in their stride. They grow to understand that success and failure are two sides of a coin, both of which should be accepted gracefully. Playing football teaches kids how to remain dedicated and committed towards improving themselves.
- Social Skills: Social skills developed at a young age stay for life. Kids learn invaluable social skills at football field such as effective communication, leadership skills, trust, and more. Kids who play sports like football grow into adults with high self-esteem and confidence.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, offers variety of programs for kids aged 6 to 18 years. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 –5808 or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.
Incorporating exercises in your child’s daily routine plays a crucial role in promoting their fitness and good health. In this age of video games and computers, children must get involved in some sort of sports to have their share of physical activity. Participating in youth football helps in the physical wellbeing of your child and helps develop healthy social and moral habits.
Here are some of the reasons why parents should encourage their child to participate in youth football:
- Teamwork: Being a part of youth football team will help your child learn the importance of teamwork in winning a game. Playing as a whole unit, the child learns to be responsible and how the negligence of one player can be disastrous for the entire team.
- Exercise: Youth football demands a lot of physical input on the part of the players. It is recommended that children must do at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. The jumping, running and throwing involved in the game can help your kid achieve this target. Boost your child to give his maximum effort for the contribution he makes towards getting a win for the team. This will not only make him shine in the sport but also develop his moral character.
- Friendship: Enrolling in youth football provides an opportunity to meet and greet new people. Taking part in practice sessions with the teammates, playing, winning and losing helps to develop a strong bond between them. Having a common positive interest fosters a healthy relationship among the team members.
- Character: Football provides an opportunity to experience many important times that are a part of life. Succeeding through sheer determination and hard work, handling defeat with dignity and improving at a skill lay the foundation for the development of a strong character.
- Time Management: Adding football schedule in the child’s daily schedule will encourage them to effectively manage time and priorities. They will learn how to maintain a balance between two or more important things at a time.
Youth football is a great way to unlock your child’s physical capacities as well as refine his social skills. It can help your child become a better person, athlete and teammate.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas organize Youth Tackle Football League for the kids of different age groups. For more details about the programs offered, you can call at (254) 699 – 5808 or visit at 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.
Sports tend to bring people together and the attraction of football is clear for everyone to see. Youth Football in Texas has become a mass phenomenon and the youth today play this game worldwide. With such a love for the game in Texas, many football clubs have been formed here. All the clubs represent a certain division and aim to promote this game at large.
Boys and Girls Club of Central Texas organize football leagues to help the youth to learn better. These clubs train the new comers too and instruct them in the skills of football and cheerleading. People can play and have fun here at these clubs. They do not observe any discrimination at these clubs. It is here where the dreams of the youth begin.
Youth Football in Texas is an important medium with which many people of different caste, color, creed and sex can come together and play nicely. If you want to excel in your football leagues then you many adhere to the following steps:
Be Confident: This is the key for everyone’s success as it promotes growth of the youth. Lack of self confidence can hinder one’s success in the match.
Workouts: Proper and strict workout must be done in order to increase the flexibility of your body and to remain healthy.
Needful Hydration: Drink lots of water during your matches and see how it does wonders.
Footwork and Eye Drills: Do as many Foot drills as you can like tire jumps, agility stations or jump-rope. Even the eye and hand drills help you to relax your muscles and bring them into motion.
Proper Nutrition: Try and stay away from the fast food as far as possible. They are of no good to any sports player. And always don’t forget to have your breakfast rich of proteins, fats or 'good' carbohydrates.
Have Adequate Sleep: Try to get minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep before going to the match next day. Adequate sleep helps you remain fresh during the match and it also has a positive impact on the flowing process of body functions.
To be a part of Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas and have some fun time playing Football, Contact us immediately at Phone: 254-699-5808. Our official address is: 304 W Ave B Killeen, TX – 76541.