In today’s competitive arena, one has to be a leader right from childhood to match up the ever increasing pace of the world. A good leader generally possesses the following qualities:
- Is liked and respected by most of his/her peers
- Has the ability to influence others
- Figures out what is wrong with an activity and shows others how to do it in a better way
- Is often asked for ideas and suggestions
- Participates in various activities with enthusiasm
Parents can help their kids develop leadership skills in the following ways:
- Source of Inspiration: Children spend most of their quality time with their parents and we all know they learn from imitation, they imitate whatever they see around them. For this reason parents must set a good example for their kids.
- Co-Curricular Activities: Children should participate in extracurricular activities, such as sports, music, martial arts, drama etc. Parents should explore the hidden interest of their kids, they need to find out what else their kids love to do apart from study or what are they good at, by indulging them in such activities you can not only help them learning leadership qualities but can help explore their talent.
- Watch to learn: Kids should be encouraged to watch motivational programs during their fun time, such as talent hunts, subject based programs for example science based, history based etc. However, they should be under surveillance for the list of channels they are watching.
- Compliances: It is the duty of the parents to act as a watchdog while their children choose their friends and compliances. It is important to keep a check on the kind of company your kid is into.
- School’s Environment: Make-up of a leader depends upon the environment where they study; a supportive environment is needed for the same.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas help children develop leadership qualities. We organize such programs and activities that can help the little ones shoulder the world such as sports, gaming, discussion, personality development, competitive, group decision making and planning and other such activities. For more informatiion, you can call us at 254-699-5808.