Art activities are essential for the overall growth of a child. Like other recreational activities, children should be encouraged to develop an interest in art. Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas organize various art activities for kids of different age groups. As a part of their arts program, the club offers various activities that are aimed at helping the kids discover their creative side.
Some of the art activities organized by Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas include:
- National Fine Arts Exhibit Program: This program enrolls kids of 6-18 years of age. The program intends to boost the artistic side of the children by way of collage, painting, drawing, mixed media, printmaking, sculptures etc. Each year, a panel of judges selects the most unique piece of art which is displayed at all events of Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) for the subsequent year.
- ImageMakers National Photography Contest: This program is specifically aimed at the photography enthusiasts between the age of 6 and 18 years. In this, the kids are made familiar with different techniques of photography, including digital, black and white, color and alternative process. The members are encouraged to freely showcase their skills and interests. Also, there are various regional level contests held to recognize and commend their creativity.
- Digital Arts Suite and Festivals: With a view to develop career options for the kids, Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas also teach digital arts to the kids. This includes Design Tech (graphic designing), Web Tech (website designing), Music Tech and Photo Tech (photo designing). The kids are also made familiar with editing and filming movies, writing screenplays etc.
- Summer Music Camp: Kids aged 13-18 years can enroll themselves in this program to learn various musical instruments, writing music and scripting lyrics by professional mentors. The music camp is organized in collaboration with Texas Folk Music Foundation (TFMF).
- Drama Matters: This program, organized in partnership with TNT DramaMatters Afterschool, is aimed at increasing the awareness of kids about the benefits of drama and theater.
All the programs offered by Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas focus on complete physical, social, emotional as well as psychological development of the kids. For more information about their programs or to enroll your child with the club, feel free to call at (254) 699 – 5808.