No wonder, Football is considered as one of the most popular sports activities in America specially among youth. Many people in Texas are taking steps in making their kids join youth football programs for two apparent reasons- one, for the sake of their kid's interest in the game and two because of the health and other benefits associated with it. Speaking of which, let's find out what the benefits of playing youth football are-
- Coordination: Football is a sport in which there's no room for “I”. It is a “we” sport in which each player from goalkeeper to mid fielder, striker to defender, has his own importance and role. While playing football, players get to know their teammates, learn to help each other and work in unity to achieve the common goal. The sense of coordination learned while playing football does not only help them in the football ground but also in the long run.
- Fitness: Performing exercises is a great way to keep your body fit and fine and there is no better way to do that than indulging yourself in some kind of sport activity. The game of Football requires the player to stay active and run a lot, this help player to get a good cardiovascular workout. Even the football training involves a lot of running, walking, sprinting and jumping that help kids remain fit in and out of the field.
- Character: Discipline is one of those things that every parent wants his/her child to learn. Although football ranks on top in the category of aggressive and contact sports, it does make kids learn discipline in a way. Getting into a conflict is a common thing, even for elders, but resolving a conflict demands real patience and discipline, which are not so common. Good news is that football teaches both these important qualities to the players.
- Sociality: Agree or not, we are somewhere losing our social skills. Even the kids today prefer to watch TV, surf Internet or play video games than interacting with each other. Participating in youth football games make kids interact with other teammates, developing and maintaining social bonds that last for lifetime.
- Confidence: One of the things that kids learn from youth football is confidence. 90 precious minutes spent in the field teach them how to keep calm and be confident. This positive outlook surely does help them in facing difficult situations in every stage of life.
To get your child enrolled in Youth Football program at Boys & Girls Club of Central Texas, kindly visit us at 304 W Ave B, TX- 76541 or call Ms. Carol Dunn (Administrative assistant) at 254-699-5808, Ext: 102.