Boys and Girls Club Texas offers a plethora of activities and programs for kids and teenagers. These programs aim to make them physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially sound, so that they can face thereal-life challenges and situations with ease.
We organize a variety of programs wherein young kids can harness their creative and imaginative talents; nurture their health and physical fitness; and hone their educational and practical skills and become employable in the future.
Among all these kids’ activities, CareerLaunch is a particular program that targets children falling in the age bracket of 13 to 18 years. Read on to know more about this program and what all it entails.
- CareerLaunch is a career-centric program in the club where members explore their skill sets and areas of interest and how they map to various careers and jobs available in the market outside.
- The idea is to equip them with adequate knowledge so that they do not falter while making career choices. A thorough beforehand knowledge will make them aware about the pros and cons of a particular career decision. Working in a field that is also your area of interest is always beneficial in the long run.
- As part of this program, a booklet named “CareerLaunch Teen Tips” is offered. It contains practical advice pertaining to job hunting in the practical real world scenario. The booklet is very handy and can be easily carried in a pocket as and when required.
- The CareerLaunch Teen Tips booklet comes with an attractive portfolio. Here, one can store a variety of job hunting related documents such as resumes and job applications. Thus, it proves to be a very useful aid when it comes to searching for that right job.
- The program is also associated with a dedicated CareerLaunch website. It contains online information about various colleges and jobs. A number of interactive activities for kids are also available here.
- As part of this initiative by Boys and Girls Club Texas, our staff and volunteers can work individually with teens, or in small groups, as convenient. The Career Exploration Quick Reference Guide can be used as a starting point for all such activities.
So if you are looking to find where your aptitude lies, and want to become job ready, CareerLaunch is the place to start. You can visit us at 304 W Ave B, TX- 76541 or call Ms. Carol Dunn (Administrative assistant) at 254-699-5808, Ext: 102.