For any kid, the early years of life are very important. These help in laying the foundation for building up a strong mind and body. For holistic development of a child, it is important to expand learning beyond the four walls of a classroom. With this in mind, we at Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, provide a range of fun outdoor activities that sharpen the intellect as well as help in building up physical strength of the kids. Read on to know more about these activities and how they are conducted.
- We offer youth football for children aged between 7 to 12 years. Presently, there are a total of three leagues that offer football. The specifications of each are:
- The NCAA League: This league is offered to boys who are aged between 7 and 8, and weigh 60-100 lbs. It is also offered for 9 year olds who weigh anywhere between 60-74 lbs.
- The AFC League: This is offered in three categories; 9 year old boys who weigh between 75 to 120 lbs, 10 year olds who weigh between 70 to 110 lbs, and 11 year olds who weigh between 75 to 89 lbs.
- The NFC League: This is meant for boys who fall in the age group of 11 to 12 years and weigh between 90 to 140 lbs.
- Basketball is another game that we offer at our kids club. As with football, this game is also offered in 3 different leagues, each having its own set of age requirements.
- Cheerleading is another very popular activity that we offer for athletic and track events. These activities let kids build up stamina and endurance, as well as hone their coordination abilities. Such activities also go a long way in sharpening the reflexes of a child.
Sports activities are important from a very early stage. These become all the more important when your child has vacations and you fear that he or she may turn into a couch potato. With our comprehensive range of fun outdoor activities as those mentioned above, your child is guaranteed to have an enjoyable time, and get that all important physical workout as well.
For enrollment, you can get in touch with us today by calling at (254) 699-5808 Ext: 102.