“Hands on your hips, a smile on your lips, spirit in your heart, we're ready to start!”
Cheerleading was once considered to be a social activity meant only for girls. But now, it is gaining popularity as a competitive sport throughout the world, involving equal participation of girls and boys. In simple terms, cheerleading is a physical activity which involves gymnastics, tumbling, stunts, jumps and cheers.
If you want to make your kid more active and confident, cheerleading is a great option. It will be beneficial for your kid in the following ways:
- Health benefits: The choreographed routine involved in cheerleading improves flexibility, stamina, muscular strength and endurance.
- Confidence building: Performing in front of people builds up confidence and self esteem in your kid.
- Team work: Cheerleading teaches coordination and to perform motions on a certain beat. This helps your kid understand the importance of team work and perform as a team.
- Socialize: It is a great way to make new friends and encourage socialization.
- Enjoyment: Cheerleading, no doubt requires hard work but it involves a lot of fun and excitement.
We at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas offer various sports and recreational activities for your kids. Registration for cheerleading program is held each year in mid of August. This program is basically for kids between the ages 7 and 12. The age group is determined by the kid’s age as on September 1. Our aim is to help your kids grow and learn in a positive and healthy environment.
All the participants in cheerleading programs must either attend or live within the KISD school district. Besides cheerleading, the other sports activities at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Texas include football, track, volley ball, basketball and many more.
To enroll your kid in any of the above mentioned programs or for any other query about our club, feel free to visit us at Boys and Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, located at 304 W Ave B, TX- 76541 or call Ms. Carol Dunn (Administrative assistant) at 254-699-5808, Ext: 102.
Kids Activities Texas - Youth Football Texas