Basketball is a popular game among children and adults. It assists in being physically fit, encourages teamwork, develops leadership and communication skills, relieves mental stress and channelizes energy towards a positive goal. Getting your child familiar with basketball
at a younger age inculcates a sense of discipline and imparts many essential life skills.
Here are some benefits of enrolling your child in basketball:
Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
- Physical Activity: Basketball requires a player to be quick and prompt. It involves a lot of jumping, squatting and running. These movements are good cardiovascular workout for improving the physical health of children. Playing basketball also helps to strengthen muscles, improve aerobic capacity, increase flexibility and boost metabolism.
- Boosts Motor Skills: The dribbling, twisting, throwing and catching involved in basketball uses various muscle groups of the arms, calf and thighs. Thus, the child is able to gain a better control over his limbs and improve motor skills such as hand eye co-ordination.
- Improves Agility: Basketball is a rapid sport in which players need to be on their feet and take quick decisions about turning or changing directions. Besides physical fitness, the player also becomes mentally agile which, in turn, develops body control and influences movement.
- Inculcates Self-Discipline: Learning to follow a set of rules and strategies to play basketball inculcates a sense of self-discipline in children. The child learns to follow the coach’s instructions and play the game in a healthy spirit, a quality that helps the child succeed in many other spheres of life.
- Instills Teamwork: In the game of basketball, all the players need to work together as a group for the team to succeed. Each of them has an equal contribution towards the success of the team. Whether it is about passing the ball, participating in practice sessions or jointly discussing game strategy, children learn the importance of teamwork and the usefulness of this skill for the entire life.
- Hobby: Learning the sport at a young age can help develop lifelong interest in it. Thus, the child can enjoy playing the game at any age and be physically fit.
offers basketball games for kids in Texas. The club
organizes different leagues for kids of various age groups. To know more about the eligibility requirements and enrolment criteria for the basketball programs, you can call at (254) 699 – 5808
or visit the club at 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.