After-school programs are perfect for utilizing your child’s free time to do something productive. These programs are specifically beneficial for hyperactive kids as they get an outlet to use their pent up energy in a fruitful manner. After-school programs
also enhance the overall personality of your child and makes him confident to face the world. Some other important benefits of such programs are listed below:
- Increases Interest In Academics: After-school programs provide the kids with an opportunity to complete their homework and also ask for additional help, if required. The informal environment at these clubs is great for increasing a child’s interest in academics. They are introduced to new concepts in Mathematics and Science which eventually improves the academic performance in school.
- Develops Confidence: After-school programs encourage kids to take up new hobbies and tasks that they haven’t tried previously. This gives the children a sense of freedom which might not be a regular feature in their school. The willingness to try new things and take risks builds their self-esteem and acts as confidence booster. A confident personality is essential to succeed in personal and professional life.
- Inculcates Leadership Skills: Children participating in after-school programs also get to develop leadership skills. Being in-charge of various activities or taking up leadership roles such as the head of a student council etc. gives volunteering prospects to kids. This provides them a sneak peek into the working ways of the professional organizations and also inculcates leadership qualities.
- Keeps Children Physically Active: The clubs encourage children to remain physically active by getting involved in football, tennis and basketball etc. Not only do after-school activities promote physical fitness, but also teach children about sportsmanship and teamwork. Additionally, there are many after-school programs that pay attention to nutrition as well. Special care is taken to give children wholesome food and manage their daily diets.
- Enhances Social Skills: A good after-school program has a mix of kids from various backgrounds and social statuses. When children interact with each other and learn new things, it automatically improves their social skills. Performing group activities teaches them to cooperate with everyone and respect each other. They are also more likely to start a new conversation or join an entirely new group in the school if they get the right guidance during after-school activities.
- Keeps Kids Away From Unsafe Environment: There are many children with attention and learning issues who go to attend after-school programs. These children are most likely to get engaged in drug abuse or other petty crimes if they have too much free time on hand. However, an after-school program can keep students away from any kind of risky behavior and also lead to fewer behavioral issues by making them use their time in a creative way.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, offer a wide range of after-school programs for the kids aged 7 to 17 years. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 – 5808 or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.