Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, Killeen, offers various education and career programs for kids of different age groups. All the activities organized under these programs are aimed at improving the academic and practical skills of the children. The professionally qualified tutors at the club help kids identify their weak areas and work on them to attain better grades in school.
The education and career programs offered at the club include:
- Project Learn - Through this program, children are motivated to enhance and brush up the knowledge they have learnt at the school. The staff at the club creates opportunities for the kids, aged 6-18 years, to engage in fun yet academically beneficial activities during the after school hours. These may include writing stories, leisure reading, playing games like scrabble, holding discussions with knowledgeable adults etc.
- Goals For Graduation - This program involves introducing children aged 6 to 15 years with the concept of ‘academic goal setting’. The staff helps kids learn how their present actions can have an effect on their future aspirations. The club members are made to set realistic goals, both short term and long term. Any success attained by the kids is recognized and supported at every step of their journey.
- Power Hour: Making Minutes Count - The club members aged between 6 and 16 years are provided completed homework help and tutoring under this program. By regularly tracking and rewarding any progress made by kids, the mentors encourage them to become self-directed learners.
- CareerLaunch - It encourages the kids aged 13 to 18 years to evaluate their skills and interests, explore various career options and make well-informed decisions about their life. The club members are provided with various tips and practical job-hunting advices to make them capable of joining the nations’ proficient work force.
- Junior Staff Career Development - This is a comprehensive small group program that encourages kids aged 11-18 years to make a career in youth or human services. Through practical experience of service organization visits, field trips and helping others in the club, children are prepared for their future role as a volunteer leader in their community.
- Skill Tech & Skill Tech II – These programs enroll kids of different age groups to teach them basic and advanced computer skills respectively. Providing children with hands-on practical experience and instructor led group activities, the program helps them become proficient in various computer operations.
To enroll your child in any of the above mentioned programs, you can contact Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
at (254) 699 – 5808.