Outdoor activities should be an intrinsic part of kids’ daily routine to keep them physically active. Apart from physical fitness, playing outdoors also improves brain functioning and strengthens the immunity of kids. The activities imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship and make them learn the importance of teamwork. Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas, a renowned kids club in Killeen, TX
organizes a wide range of engaging outdoor activities for its members.
Below is a list of some outdoor activities organized by the club:
- Football: The club offers various football leagues for kids of different age groups. The game helps children improve their agility and strength. It also boosts their cardiovascular health and hand-eye co-ordination.
- Basketball: The club offers three basketball leagues for kids in 2nd grade, 3/4 grade and 5/6 grade. Basketball is a high-intensity workout that helps children improve metabolism and ankle stability. The sport increases their co-ordination, concentration and mental agility to dribble, pass and shoot the ball.
- Swimming: This activity is beneficial in maintaining physical and mental fitness. Learning to swim can protect your child in case of any water related emergencies. In addition, swimming is a low impact activity that promotes cardiovascular health and improves stamina, joint flexibility, strength, balance as well as posture. You can get in touch with the kids club in Texas to get your child enrolled in a swimming program.
- Cheerleading: This activity inculcates team spirit and coordination skills. The club organizes various cheerleading programs for kids of age 7-12 years. The sport increase physical endurance, boosts self-confidence and inculcates leadership qualities in the children.
- Baseball: Enroll your child in a kids club where he is taught and encouraged to play baseball. Apart from learning teamwork as well as discipline, your child will also enhance physical strength and develop a better hand-eye co-ordination by playing baseball.
We, at Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
, offer as wide range of outdoor activities
for kids aged 7 to 12 years. Our club has experienced coaches to provide the best training to the kids and help them hone their skills in the specific sport. To know more about the procedure to enroll your kids in any of the activities, you can call at (254) 699 – 5808
or visit the club at 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.