After-School Clubs are instrumental in creating a healthy and productive environment for students. With far-ranging benefits, these clubs garner activities that assist in promoting child development. They help in illuminating young minds with new skills, creativity, rich experiences and positive outlook. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas harbors activities that create diverse learning opportunities for kids in Killeen.
- Career Exploration - After-school clubs help to assess skills and interests of students. Club staff or volunteers help teens build their job-search and job readiness skills. Resources like job search information, interactive activities, mentoring, job shadowing, and training opportunities help students in career exploration.
- Artistic Activities - Club members are encouraged to learn and practice black-and-white, color, digital and alternative process photography; drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, mixed media and sculpture. These activities offer learning opportunities to develop creative & expression skills.
- Reading & Writing - After-school clubs offer high-yield learning activities which include leisure reading, writing activities, discussions with knowledgeable adults, homework help and tutoring. Dedicated youth development professionals and volunteers supervise each session and help youth members to become self-directed learners.
- Brain Games - To strengthen cognitive skills after-school clubs offer brain games. For example, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas has introduced brain games like scrabble, learning through discovery, activities to enhance creative expression, group work, science themed activities and final project or production.
- Character Development Activities - Character Development activities help students identify their own strengths and enhances their self-esteem, interpersonal skills, work ethic and sense of community responsibility. Dynamic sessions, participatory activities, field trips, discussions; activities to reinforce good character, leadership, positive behavior, resilience, decision making, analyzing media and peer influence are few highlights of character development activities and their benefits.
- Physical Activities - After-school clubs encourage students to stay physically fit, adopt healthy lifestyle and indulge in sports activities like football, basketball, dance, etc. They promote social interaction and recognition through organized sports programming for youth.
From over 25 sites in 8 communities across Central Texas, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas has been nurturing young minds with life-enhancing experiences & learning opportunities. After- school activities by BGCTX impart learning which goes beyond the walls of a classroom. The finely curated programs are packed with character & health development activities to encourage social, physical and learning proficiency.
So, enroll your children in Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas
and give them the opportunity to explore their own potential. You can visit our Administration office located at 703 N 8th St. Killeen, TX – 76541. To know more about our clubs, visit www.bgctx.org or call at (254) 699 – 5808.