Things learnt at an early age tend to stick with us for a life time; thus the emphasis on incorporating healthy lifestyle habits at a young age. Children are highly receptive to the messages they get from adults in their lives. Over time, habits and actions take a seat in the subconscious minds, making them hard to break. So, the implications of lessons regarding healthy lifestyle should be implemented at an early age.
Healthy lifestyle habits should be promoted at an early age due to the following reasons:
- Solid Foundation For Life: Beginning early lays the foundation for life-long habits that are easier to sustain. Children, who are physically active, eat healthy food and snacks and are well-rested keep up with the same habits as adults and find it easier to adopt them under all circumstances.
- Prevents Obesity: Making kids conscious of how different eating and lifestyle patterns impact their lives, carves a path for a life free of weight issues. If these habits can be made second-nature, they will never have to struggle with being overweight and dealing with the health implications thereof.
- Prevents Illnesses: Lifestyle diseases like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart ailments, diabetes and the like can be kept at bay during adulthood if healthy lifestyle habits are inculcated early in life. Being conscious of food and activity choices as a child forms the perfect base for a healthy body as an adult.
- Increases Confidence: A child who eats well, is physically active and sleeps well has higher chances of growing into a confident individual. The child enjoys high self-esteem, performs well academically, socially and emotionally. Such kids have a lower tendency of seeking attention and validation from others as they are sure of themselves and their decisions.
- Healthy Choices: Steering your child’s preferences for food towards the healthier side teaches them an important skill of making the right choice when it comes to what they ingest. At a very young age, a child learns the value of making healthy eating choices and the negative effects of junk food; this prevents cravings for junk food as he grows.
- Academic Success: Kids who are physically active are more likely to attend school regularly and perform better in studies. They also have superior motor coordination as compared to their sedentary peers. They have higher concentration levels, better memory, faster grasping power and more. Such kids are also less prone to mental health issues such as depression and anxiety as they grow.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas
offer healthy lifestyle programs for kids in Killeen, TX. To know more about reasons to promote healthy lifestyle at an early age, visit 703 N. 8th Street, Killeen, TX - 76541. You can also call at (254) 699 – 5808.