Summer vacation is a time for teens to develop skills, learn a hobby and explore their creative side. A teenager should be encouraged to pick up any sport, skill or art to master while his free time during the vacations. Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas organizes a summer music camp in association with the Texas Folk Music Foundation. The camp enrolls teens aged 13 to 18 years and provides them with a platform to discover various forms of poetry and music. Whether they want to learn new instruments, compose music or write lyrics, professional artists mentor the youth and encourage them.
Here are some of the benefits your teenager can have by enrolling in the summer music camp at the club:
- Positive Attitude: Participating in music activities and discovering their hidden talent can help youth develop a positive attitude. It enhances their confidence and perception of their own self. Learning with their peers also removes any shyness or stage fright.
- Increased Coordination: Music camps help in the overall development of the brain. Creating music involves using the left side of the brain and playing a musical instrument uses the right side. When kids do both, it helps them refine their neurological skills, which is beneficial throughout life.
- Group Cohesiveness: When youth are involved in-group music activities, they become supportive of each other and develop a sense of cohesiveness. They work together to achieving the same goal and are more committed towards each other. They learn how to work with one another and this promotes friendships and social skills.
- Goal Setting: Music is learnt with efficient planning, dedication and commitment. teenagers needs to frame a strategy, write notes and compose melody to execute a successful piece of art. This reinforces the ability to set goals and channelizing efforts towards its attainment.
- Resilience: Music camps allow the teen to step out of their comfort zone and try something new that they are interested in. It helps them overcome their hesitation and teaches them to try new things.
To enroll your teen with the summer music camp
organized by Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
, you can call at (254) 699 - 5808
or contact Ms. Phyllis Shaw (Administrative Assistant) at 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.