“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” -John Maxwell
Leadership skills refer to skills required by a leader to manage and motivate a team towards a common goal. These skills include reliability, empathy, dependability, creativity, positivity and more. Effective leaders build strong teams, ensure projects are accomplished on time, improve employee engagement and create a supportive environment at work.
Listed below are the top leadership skills that kids should develop:
- Decision-Making Skills: A good leader is one who can make quick and effective decisions. The decisions can be made on the basis of reasoning or intuition depending on the facts of the situation. Decision making requires a leader to analyze and interpret a situation properly, evaluate options, anticipate outcomes and navigate risks.
- Team-Building: A leader knows how to work with others individually and as a team. Delegation of duties to members of a team as per their competence and skill- level is an important part of leadership. It is important for kids to develop team building skills as this helps them grow and excel in academic and professional setup in future.
- Dependability: A dependable leader is one who can be trusted and relied upon by other team members. The basis for developing a high level of dependability is to keep promises and follow through with plans. A leader who can be depended upon lays the foundation for a resilient team that can wade through challenges with ease.
- Problem-Solving: Problems are the building blocks for success in every industry. The key to solving any problem is to learn from it and formulate strategies for managing it. Good leaders know how to stay strong in the face of problems in any situation and work towards combating the same effectively.
- Integrity: Integrity is an invaluable leadership skill; a good leader is truthful and honest in all dealings. He has strong values and is concerned about the welfare of everyone. Kids with leadership skills such as integrity make ethical choices.
- Communication Skills: Leaders possess communication skills that make them effective speakers and assertive individuals. They are quick to build rapport with others and are likely to develop lasting relationships. Other important components of communication skills are persuasion skills, transactional skills and the ability to influence others.
- Planning Skills: Leaders need planning skills to ensure tasks and projects are accomplished on time. Important aspects of planning skills are organizing skills, project management skills, action planning, project planning and risk management.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas
organize activities to help kids develop leadership skills in Killeen, TX. To know more about leadership skills among kids, visit 703 N. 8th Street, Killeen, TX - 76541. You can also call at (254) 699 – 5808.