In addition to being a thrilling game, football teaches some great life lessons that foster physiological and social development of kids. The football field is a treasure trove of life skills like discipline, perseverance, time-management, fitness and teamwork amongst others.
Here are some invaluable life lessons that kids can learn by being a part of the football team:
Lessons learnt on the football field positively impact every aspect of a chi m,kld’s life and also extend into their lives as adults. They grow into happy, confident, energetic and inspired adults who thrive successfully in their families and at the workplace.
- Teamwork: Football field teaches kids how a team functions as every player on the field has an important role for the team as a whole. It teaches them the importance of working in sync with others to achieve a common goal. They learn the importance of trusting one another for the collective interest of the team.
- Setting Goals: Playing football involves setting goals related to catches, sacks, tackles, rushing yardage, passing yardage and more. Each player on the field is entrusted with certain goals to achieve as a member of the team. As adults, these lessons prove to be useful at both the workplace and home. They learn how to set goals and work relentlessly towards achieving them.
- Perseverance: The football field teaches kids to remain focused and not to quit in spite of the challenges they face throughout a game. They learn that the only way out of a roadblock is through it. Such kids often grow into tough adults who look for a solution to every problem.
- Discipline And A Strong Work Ethic: There is no scope for laziness and delay when it comes to a sport like football. Kids no matter what, learn to be on time for the practice sessions and game. This translates into a strong work ethic as they become more disciplined in their personal lives. This virtue can also improve their grades in school.
- Being A Graceful Winner And Loser: A player/team can either win or lose. Football teaches kids how to take both failure and success in their stride. They grow to understand that success and failure are two sides of a coin, both of which should be accepted gracefully. Playing football teaches kids how to remain dedicated and committed towards improving themselves.
- Social Skills: Social skills developed at a young age stay for life. Kids learn invaluable social skills at football field such as effective communication, leadership skills, trust, and more. Kids who play sports like football grow into adults with high self-esteem and confidence.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, offers variety of programs for kids aged 6 to 18 years. To enroll your child at the club, call at (254) 699 –5808 or visit 304 W Ave B, Killeen, TX – 76541.