Our mission: To enable young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
This past spring and summer, the Boys & Girls Club of Gatesville had
- 150-200 kids attending daily; 25-45 teens daily;
- Teen have visited Hillside for Adopt-A-Grandparent;
- Weekly summer field trips to the City Pool for two age groups;
- Weekly summer field trips for 1st - 3rd grade, 4th -6th grades, 7th – 12th grades;
- Weekly field trips to Parrie Haynes Ranch throughout the summer;
- Daily character building classes for all age groups throughout the summer;
- Central Texas Youth Services visited teens to talk about safety;
- Keystone Club at Gold Status and working on Legacy.
The Gatesville Club opened in fall of 2004 and 10 years later fulfilled their goal of opening a new Club in 2014. The gymnasium was added three years later in 2017.
The current total membership
is over 550 kids, ranging from ages 6-18. During the year Club members learn character and leadership skills, health and life skills, career development and sports, fitness and recreation, and artistic/creative skills. We are fortunate to have such a valuable resource available to our own children in our own community!
All area children ages 6 to 18
can become members of the Club for a very low yearly fee.
Homework help and tutoring is offered after school daily during PowerHour
assist with tutoring and activities each week.
Club kids who have participated all year and have shown good behavior may be asked to attend one of the Club’s summer camps
: Teen Music Camp, Camp Hoblitzelle, Parrie Haynes Ranch Camps, Smart Girls Camp or Passport to Manhood.
Weekend Backpack Program:
On Fridays we are able to send home backpacks filled with food for children from families in need.
are served to Club members after school throughout the year. Breakfast and Lunch are served all summer at no charge to members of the Club.
The Club is open after school until 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday during the school year and from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the summer.
Each September the Club hold Day for Kids, an event that allows parents and kids to spend time together doing fun activities.
Boys & Girls Club of Gatesville • 2533 E Main St, Gatesville, Tx 76528 • (254) 865-8347