Army Youth Programs in Your Neighborhood (AYPYN) is an Installation Management Command (IMCOM) G9 program within Army Child, Youth, and School Services (CYS Services) that supports quality afterschool programs for Army families living or attending secondary schools off post. AYPYN partners with school districts and other youth organizations, like Boys & Girls Clubs, to enhance existing afterschool programs to ensure Army youth participation. High priority is placed on building partners capacity to:
· Support the academic success of students and their college/career readiness through extended learning opportunities
· Enrich schools' academic curricula, with an emphasis on STEM (Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) initiatives
· Provide an assets-rich environment that builds protective factors and promotes resilience
· Foster social-emotional competency/health and other skills for success.
· Offer students the opportunity to participate in wellness/fitness activities
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas’ AYPYN program supports 19 middle school and high school sites in Killeen ISD and Copperas Cove ISD. Membership is free to all students with documentation and/or a copy of a military ID for active duty dependents. Highly trained staff members are dedicated to teaching children Character and Leadership Development, Education & Character Exploration, Health and Life Skills, The Arts, Sports, and Fitness and Recreation.